Skip to main content

Complaints Procedure

Get in touch today

Call 01435 897297

Whilst we always strive to provide an excellent quality and professional approach in all that we do at KDL Law mistakes will happen from time to time.  If therefore you are ever unhappy with the work that we have undertaken in a matter then it is important that we hear from you at an early stage in order that your concerns can be addressed fully and correctly.

If you wish to make a formal complaint then please see at the links below our full complaints procedure. Making a complaint will not affect how we deal with any matter that we are currently dealing with for you.

There are two procedures applicable if you are unhappy with any aspect of our work, that which applies to clients of the firm and that which applies to parties who are not our client.

  1. Complaints procedure for our clients - Click here to open.

  2. Complaints procedure for parties who are not clients of KDL Law - Click here to open.


The Legal Ombudsman, can assist you if you are a client of KDL Law and we have been unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. *Please note that the Legal Ombudsman are unable to assist parties who are not clients of KDL Law. Parties who are not clients of KDL Law are directed to the information below relating to complaining to our governing body, the SRA.

The Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint independently with us first. If you have, and you remain dissatisfied, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

  • Within 6 months of receiving a final response to your complaint; and

  • No more than 6 years from the date of the act/omission to which your complaint relates; or

  • No more than 3 years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman please see the below the contact details in order that you may contact them directly:

W -

T - 0300 555 0333 (between 9:00am and 5:00pm)

E -

P- Legal Ombudsman, P O Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ


If your complaint is in relation to behaviour of the firm or an individual at the firm, for instance if you are concerned that there has been any dishonesty, taking or losing of money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic, then you can seek the assistance of our governing body, the Solicitors Regulation Authority. The link here will take you directly to the page on the SRA website with guidance on how to make a complaint.

Back to top